Saturday, February 21, 2009

Monumental Day for Carter and Lilly

Today was beautiful and sunny, so what better thing to do than play outside?! Ayla and Carter were playing at friend's houses being the socials bees that they are and Lilly stayed home to help Dad fix the shed. (and can I tell you how glad I am that the shed is finally fixed? It's only taken like 6 months....) So we thought it would be a good time to work on Lilly's bike riding skills since there was only one child to focus on. I admit that Jeff and I haven't done the best at teaching them to ride a bike so I think they're late bloomers with it but better late than never right?!

My neighbor Ellen gave the ingenious idea of letting her use Ayla's small bike without the training wheels and see how she did because on this little bike she could touch the ground. I don't know why I didn't think of that.... Anyway, it worked and Lilly was riding it in no time! Then Carter came home and tried the same thing and he did it too! Here's Jeff taking off Lilly's training wheels to her big bike. She graduated in one day!!Jeff of couse had to take a test ride... He's pretty cute! Looks like it's good to go!And here's Lilly on the big bike all by herself!I am so proud of them!! They were pretty happy themselves and had to make phone calls to family members to share their wonderful news. Ayla, on the other hand, still wasn't too sure of the idea. She tried it, then came back and said in her little cute Ayla voice with arms folded and head turned to the side in refusal.. "If you don't put my training wheels back then I'm never riding this bike again!" Jeff and I laughed! We love our three mushkins!!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Good for them! I'm hoping Tate will be riding without training wheels this summer. You're kids are too cute!

Kara said...

That is a great idea to put them on the smaller bike. They are so cute!