Friday, May 1, 2009

Little Cottonwood Trail and a Splendid Good Time

Jeff, Kris, and I went on a bike ride up Little Cottonwood Canyon today. They were able to get off work early, and with my brother watching the kids, we were able to have a really nice time.

It started off a little rocky when Kris has to go back to take care of some work stuff that came up but he met up with us later so it was all good.

While Jeff and I were by ourselves I couldn't resist the creek. It was so beautiful! Maybe I'm not the best mountain bike buddy because I love to stop and look/play around. Thankfully Jeff doesn't mind. I think he enjoys it too so we just soaked in nature and took fun pictures.

Now I realize we have no pictures of the actual ride but it's much harder to take the camera out and snap one as you're trying not to crash at high speeds jumping over rocks. Maybe some really skilled camera man but not me or the present company.
Kris met up with us a little later and we dropped ourselves off higher up the canyon for a quick, good ride down because we had limited time left. And it was awesome!! It was raining and muddy and rocky and slick! YAY!! I really don't know how I made it down in one piece... All I really did was hang on for dear life and hope the bike stayed together underneath me...

Jeff was the only one with a small wreck in which he hit his hip on a rock when the bike went askew. Other than that, we had a safe, crazy ride! We even saw big horn sheep on the side of the mountain and then a deer ran right past us in the parking lot.
And if you were wondering, I didn't get eaten by a mountain lion!! (always good news)

No comments: