Saturday, May 30, 2009

Our First Strawberry!!

I have never grown a garden and my green thumb seems to be brown which is why I don't grow things but I bought some veggies and fruit this year and thought I would give it a try. Now granted, the strawberry plant came with tiny green strawberries but I didn't kill it and we had our first red strawberry! I was so excited I had the kids come help me pick it. I brought it inside and compared it with a strawberry from the store... ours is the tiny one. Everyone wanted a taste so I cut it into 5 pieces. It was yummy, just a little short lived... :0)

The second one we had growing was beginning to turn red a few weeks later but before I was able to pick it some other critter had a go at it. Wasn't a good day for me or the strawberry...I wish I had gotten my hands on that critter.

And thus far, those were the only two. I think I'm doing something wrong :0)

No comments: