Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Joys

This morning was wonderful! I got to sleep in and then woke to the kids adorable excited faces. They all stood by the side of my bed and then yelled "Happy Mothers Day". Then they all wanted me to open their present first. We started with Ayla and she got me a water bottle for my bike. Then Carter gave me a survival book and Lilly gave me a camping pillow! How did they know?? (Jeff is such a good man! He guides them well to things I would like. He told me that they circled REI three times before gifts were decided on!) Then Jeff gave me his gift which was some bike necessities so if I get into trouble biking, Jeff can use "my" stuff to fix my bike! LOL!! A few minutes later I got breakfast in bed which consisted of an omelet, toast, and juice. Way nice! After church I took a nap and while doing so Jeff made me my favorite cowboy meal: BBQ chicken, corn, baked beans, scalloped potato's, and biscuits! Yumm! All I had to do was wake up and it was on the table ready to go... At that point I told him that if he wanted a yummy meal I would take him out to dinner for Fathers Day... Don't get me wrong, I am willing to make it, but I think secretly Jeff would prefer if someone else did....(maybe it's not such a secret)...

I love being a mom even though there are the days when I wonder a little bit how this all started and what have I gotten myself into.. But they are so fun to watch grow, to witness their silliness, to hear the darnedest things they say, and to be right by their side when they innocently decide to embarrass you... I love to hear them laugh, I love to see their smiles and I cherish the moments when they did something they are proud of and you can see it in their eyes... Oh, how I love my sweet babes!!



To all you mothers.. You are amazing and I hope you got some fun special treatment today!!

2 comments:

Hailey said...

Sounds like it was a perfect day! There's nothing better than sleeping in or taking naps :)

chrissy said...

That pretty much sounds like an awesome mother's day!

Kids can sometimes be a pain in the but, but man, aren't they worth it? ;)